Monday, June 11, 2007

The Weekend in Review

I had an awesome weekend! Busy Busy, but awesome nonetheless!

Friday night, I had a ton of running around to do, so I ran over to my parents, checked on my garden, and then ran around getting stuff ready for my canning adventures on Saturday. Needless to say, by the time I got home, it was like 930, and I was bushed.

Saturday, I got up early (well early for me on a Saturday), which was about 730. The Dog and I took a nice walk around the neighborhood (about 4 miles), and then I ran to Kroger to get a few last things I needed for my strawberry stuff, and then got home, and the roomie got home and we went pickin'. My goal was to pick 25-30lbs, Well I like crazy overpicked, and ended up coming home with about 50lbs. So I made extra stuff, I made Low Sugar Jam, No Sugar Jam, Regular Jam, Preserves and then 2 batches of Strawberries in Syrup. I have lots of Jam now, although I plan to do more this weekend. I want to whip out several more batches of Low Sugar Jam, because that is what I will primarily be using, the other stuff is more for gifts and special occasions. So I finally finished that up around 9 or 930, and then just relaxed the rest of the evening.

Sunday, I managed to stay busy too. I got up early again went on a five mile bike ride, and finished one stray batch of preserves, got laundry done, cleaned the hot tub out, and then went over and worked in the garden. Came home, took the dog on a walk, Made dinner, finished laundry and then relaxed (which I still didn't manage to sit down til almost 8!). So I was utterly exhausted, I needed to come back to work this morning to rest! haha.

I think I decided to switch my weigh in Day to Friday Mornings. Seems as though I'm always running around a lot Friday Nights, and my dinners and snacking doesn't happen til late on Friday night, so I think it effects my weigh in on Saturday Mornings a bit. So I moved it to Friday Mornings now. We'll see how it goes.

So the Mileage Report for my June Goals is as follows:

This Week: 10 miles (combo of walking and cycling!)
June Total: 14 miles

Other than that, not much new and exciting. I hope everyone is having a healthy and happy day. Menu Later!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

wow, that's a lot of strawberries!!! i'm jealous! lol! good idea to change your wi, it might work out better for you!!