Friday, June 22, 2007

Some Things to "Change it up"

First of all, thank you to those of you who commented on my post this morning. It means the world to me to have people out there who understand what I'm going through, and what it feels like. I probably would've thrown in the towel long ago if it wasn't for you guys.

So, I have a couple new ideas for this week to try (I am going to run out sooner or later!).

First, I never eat breakfast, or snacks in the morning. This morning I started. I ate at 830 and 1030 this morning. Surprisingly it didn't seem to make me crazy hungry. Usually when I would eat before lunch I would starve up til lunch. I am hoping this helps kick up my metabolism earlier as suggested by Amanda. Hopefully this helps :)

Also, I'm going to cut back my level of activity this week. Instead of the long Rollerblading sessions I'm just going to walk this week. Instead of 2 Rollerblading sessions, and 3 walks, I'm just going to try to hit three walks.

I'm also going to try eating half of my activity points. I really seem to think this is stemming from me not eating enough, and working too hard. Because I haven't lost weight since the weather turned. And Since the weather turned, I haven't slowed down. Between gardening, canning, picking fruit, rollerblading, biking, walking and all the other activities I'm constantly on the move...hence I think I'm not eating enough. So I am still going to stay active, but just not quite as much.

Also, I know its nothing I have control over, but TOM will be along this weekend, I'll drop that water weight, and I'm desperately trying to get rid of this cold I've been fighting (and drinking a ton of extra water trying to flush out of my body).

And last but not least, I'm going to continue to eat the awesome foods I have been. I did some research on fruits and veggies and other healthy 1 and 2 point snacks ( I can post this if anyone is interested), and I'm going to incorporate these into my diet. So essentially I'm going to eat a BUNCH of core foods, but be on flex. If that makes sense. Plus I have some totally yummy meals planned for next week!

So there is my plan, I just hope I see a loss next week. I know I'm feeling better, and my clothes are fitting great, I just wish the scale would echo that.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

I think eating activity points is going to help A LOT!!! Your body needs to know it isn't starving. One of my last weigh in's at WW, when I lost, I said "good, cause I exercised my ass off" and the lady said - "well then, you're lucky you lost - usually the body needs to adjust".
Eating breakfast and a snack is also a great idea. You're on the right track - just concentrate on the NSV's and the scale will follow along at it's own pace. With all this exercise - you're likely LOOKING very fit and your heart is likely happier than it has been in a while!
Oh, and save this comment somewhere so you can paste it in my blog when I need it - cause we all get where you are at some point, right? HA!