Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tag your it.

Thanks for the tag Kathy. I love giving everyone a chance to get to know me, and it was a pleasure reading about you :)

WHAT WERE YOU DOING TEN YEARS AGO?

Wow, ten years ago I was still in High School. I believe I was just turning 16 (haha, crazy!). So I was doing all the things that a normal 16 year old did. I was involved in Softball, Volleyball and Student Council. I was on Prom committee. And surprisingly, even at this point, I was concerned about my weight. I was always trying to lose, even though now looking back, I'd love to be as fit and thin as I was then!

WHAT WERE YOU DOING ONE YEAR AGO?

1 year. It's amazing what changes in one year. I was in the same job I am now, but I was generally an unhappy person. I was stuck in a relationship I wasn't happy with, but was to scared to get out of. I was about 16lbs heavier than I am now, and I was lazy! I spent more time on the couch after work than I did doing any other thing, and most of this was because of the relationship I was in.

FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY
1. 100 calorie pack microwave Kettle Corn, an awesome treat and a controlled portion.
2. A Western Alternative Bagel with Cream Cheese. YUM!
3. Any Fruit. I love fruit and veggies, and I eat them as much as I can.
4. Yogurt with Cereal. I love cereal, and the cereal makes the yogurt crunchy. Very Filling.
5. And English Muffin with Preserves. I think I just love the Preserves and the Muffin is just something to put them on!

FIVE SONGS TO WHICH YOU KNOW ALL THE LYRICS
1. You had me from Hello- The Ex and I's song.
2. Any George Strait song
3. Uptown Girl- Billy Joel
4. Everlasting Love
5. Billy Joel- We didn't start the fire.

FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE
(Just a million?)
1. Tell work I was taking a long vacation and go.
2. Pay off my house, then sell it, and move back out to the country.
3. Buy my dad a new corvette. His Dream, and mine for that matter.
4. See the world. I'd love to travel, just never had the money!
5. Help people that deserve it. I don't know how this would be, but I would find a way.

FIVE BAD HABITS
1. Eating out of boredom, terrible habit!
2. Like Kathy, I avoid going out. I'm totally a homebody, and almost a loner to an extent, and I miss out on a lot staying at home.
3. I live for the future instead of now, I'm trying to work on this one. It's always “well in a year” with me.
4. Also like Kathy, I have a “nest” next to the chair I sit in. Books, Cross Stitching, My Laptop, notebooks. Luckily it's hidden, but even when I clean it up, it gets back to bad in no time.
5. Being hard on myself. I often put a lot of pressure on myself to succeed in things, and when I fail, or don't quite reach my expectations I get bummed out. Classic overachiever syndrome. Everyone else thinks I did great, I'm thinking how I could do better.

FIVE THINGS YOU LIKE DOING
1. Cross-Stitching. I love it, I have several projects I'm working on. I tend to do it more in the winter.
2. Watching Movies. I have over 350 movies at home, so I always have something to watch.
3. Reading. I read every night before I go to bed. I mostly love the crime/mystery novels. But I can't read a book that I know how it ends, I love interest.
4. Gardening. It's new to me this year. But I love it. I love seeing something grow, and knowing my hard work is paying off.
5. This is a new one! I love my morning walks on the weekend. I get up early 7 or so, and go out on a walk with the dog. It's so quiet before everyone else gets up, the sun is just coming up, and the birds are chirping, it's just real serene and I love it.

FIVE THINGS YOU'LL NEVER WEAR AGAIN

1. A one piece swimsuit...I hope!
2. Softball Cleats, in a competitive game
3. My Fat Pants, lol

4. A Prom Dress
5. Striped Toe Socks (they were apparently "in" in HS!)

FIVE FAVORITE TOYS
1. My laptop
2.My Ipod
3. My Truck (I know it's not technically a toy), but I love it!
4. My coffeemaker (I just got a Bunn Coffeemaker for Christmas and I love it!)
5. My kitchen utensils( I love to cook, and I'm always adding new toys to the kitchen, so every new one is like Christmas!)


“INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.”

    1. Tom LeDree

    2. Tam’s Fitness Journal

    3. Lose Weight With Me

    4. Kathy Calculates

    5. From Flab to Fit

    “Next select five people to tag:

    1. Just Another Weigh (Jodi)

    2. One Pound at A Time (Carolyn)

    3. Kim Under Construction (Kim)

    4. 2L Diet Diary

    5. Fatinah: My Life Part Deux

2 comments:

Kathy said...

It is amazing how much we have in common. So much fun to read your list and I can't wait to "meet" the people you have tagged. Thanks, Kate.

Randi said...

This was cute. I can't believe you know all the words to Billy Joel - didn't start the fire! wow! oh, and I've still got my striped toe socks! (no i don't wear them)