Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A Weight Loss Post.

I'm kinda in a funk this morning, and I'm not sure why. I'm not really in a bad mood, or down or anything, just kinda "zoned out", which isn't a good place to be when your in customer service/sales and have to be at the top of your game. I will snap out of it in due time I suppose.

So as I creep closer to my goal, and the weight loss I have left shrinks, I begin to think about maintenance, and losing those last few pounds. I will admit, my weight loss has slowed since the 15-lb mark, I think my body is at a weight in which it's comfortable at, so it will be harder to lose from here on out, but I'm optimistic that I can get to goal.

Does anyone else feel that they are pretty happy with where they are, but still wants to get to goal because at the beginning that is where they wanted to be? Honestly my goal, when I set out on Weight Watchers was, in the end, to not feel fat. At the time, I felt overweight, and frumpy, and now that I've lost almost 18lbs, I feel great. I think I look good, my jeans look good, people tell me I look good, so I can say that truthfully, I'm happy where I'm at. I could stop now, and be completely happy, but, I'm not going too. When I set out on this journey, I picked a number, a number that I've always wanted to be at, so I will make it there, in due time.

I'm trying to decide when I get to maintenance if I just want to count calories, or I want to stick with paying for Weight Watchers. I've been counting calories lately anyways to keep myself in check points-wise (as I was tending to eat way too many 100 calorie 1 point snacks), so it wouldn't really be that different, I just wouldn't have the actual points tracker. I'm definitely going to renew my weight watchers account when it comes due at the beginning of July, and that will give me until October to decide what I really want to do. Hopefully by October I've been in maintenance for quite some time (hey! I'm hoping at least!). What is your guys take on this?

Otherwise, everything is going good. I didn't get out for a walk last night, hopefully I'll have time tonight, but I might not before it gets dark (and for safety reasons I don't walk after dark), but I'm going to try. My first weigh in on my new day is on Friday Morning. I'm not really looking forward to it, because I don't think it will be that good this week, but we shall see!

Until next time, have a healthy and happy day everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i feel the same way - i picked a number and my goal is to get there, come hell or high water... i've also been told that i look great and have been feeling good as well - would i be happy at this weight forever? probably but i wouldn't want to get any heavier, that's for sure... i do WW eTools so i'm not sure what i'll decide once i get to goal - i'll still keep track somehow, i'm just not sure if i'll continue to pay...

Amanda said...

i'm the same way too, i have people tell me i look great but in my head i have the magic number that i want to get too. i know i'm at my healthy weight right now so if i did stop, it would be ok. once i hit goal, i'm not sure what i'll do. maybe stay with the online for a few weeks to see how i do and then if i'm ok i'll go off. but that's a little ways away so i still have time to think :o)

Kathy said...

If you didn't have a scale to tell you how much you weigh...if you didn't have numbers to go by...and the only thing you had to go by was how you feel...would you be happy with where you are? Would you want to be a little thinner? Don't lose sight of what your real goal should always be...to make yourself happy.