Tuesday, June 5, 2007

A Chilly Tuesday

Well there is a definate change in the weather from today to this past weekend. This past weekend, I was scorching my back (which I'm still paying for by the way!) in the 90 degree sun, and today it's 56 and Rainy/Cloudy. Weather like this is so depressing sometimes, plus now that I'm thinner, I'm cold all the time, so cold days like this just make me colder!

Been a good couple days On Program. Yesterday's calories per point was a tad higher than I would like, but hey, I was still within my daily points target, and I got in a walk, so I'm not too concerned. Today has also been good. I'm still incorporating lots of fruits and veggies into my daily diet, and avoiding the more processed foods, which seems to be working out well anyways, plus I feel better to boot. Although while I feel better, my allergies have been kicking my butt, thats what I hate about this time of year.

I'm trying to decide how I want to put up my Strawberries this year. I never got much into canning before, but this year I'm going to do it. I'm just trying to decide what I want to can some of the Strawberries into. I put up about 50lbs last year in the freezer, and I want to do that again, but I also want to do some Jams, Jellies, Preserves and Syrup I think, but there are sooooo many recipes to choose from, how do I choose? Any advice from anyone?

Still haven't heard from Scott, which I think at this point, I probably won't. What happened was kinda of one of those things where he had to call and apologize in a couple days, and now that that couples days have went by, I'm thinking he's either to embarrassed to call, or he really just thinks he didn't do anything wrong, either way, not the type of guy I want to be with. So I have 87 Days of being single and not looking left, and then maybe I'll considering putting up a profile and going on the hunt.

Things are going good otherwise. I don't think I am going to meet my 10 mile goal this week. I walked 1 mile yesterday, and today, the weather is crap-ass, so I won't be getting out....But I do get to go to dinner at Olive Garden with my girlfriend Danielle. I love Olive Garden, so many good choices, and I can eat only half and it's relatively low point. I am going to try the Capellini Pomodoro, I've never tried it before, but it looks good, and half is only 6 points add a Minestrone Soup for 2 points, and I have a complete dinner out for 8 points, yay!

Alright, until tomorrow, be healthy!

2 comments:

noelle said...

I'm always cold, too! LOL

I love the basic strawberry jam that is in the packet of sure jell. It even says to just use the inversion method instead of processing the jam in a water bath canner.

I made a baked low sugar jam that is really great too. I'll have to check which book it was from.

I have the Ball Blue Book of home canning or something like that. TONS of great and easy recipes. That's where I go my Strawberry Banana Freezer Jam, Strawberry Lemon Marmalade and Heirloom Strawberry Preserves recipes.

I put most everything up in half pint jars. I do have a few freezer containers that I put the freezer jam away in and my sugared berries. My dry pack berries are just in freezer ziploc quart size bags.

Let me know if you want more info...

Fatinah said...

way to go with staying OP. Sounds like you're on fire!