Tuesday, April 17, 2007

And I'm going to join the blogosphere...

So I started this blog in March, and I'm just getting around to posting for the first time, and getting everything in order. This first post is going to be a little "about me" for whatever future readers I may or may not have. In my dreams, I will have a lot of people who come on a regular basis to check out recipes, and ideas that I leave.

So a little about me. I'm 25, and I'm for Michigan. I've never really concerned myself with my weight, as I was never terribly overweight or heavy by any means, although I have to admit, like most women I was never quite happy with the weight I was. But in High School (now looking back) I was pretty lean, and I was involved in sports, so I stayed active enough that I could eat whatever I wanted, and not worry too much about gaining.

Fast forward a couple years, and I got my way through college, without really gaining much for weight, I may have put on a few pounds, but due to a busy schedule, and a job that kept me on my feet, I didn't gain much. Then in July of 2003 I got my first desk job. I would have to say probably in the first year I put on about 5-10lbs. Not a lot by any means, but for someone who was always bordering being overweight anyways, it was a lot. At the time, I didn't do anything about it, nor did I really care. Over the next several years, I got into the habits it seems every grown up does, I went to work, I came home, I ate what I wanted, didn't stay active enough, settled into a relationship, and just got comfortable.

Well in January of 2007, I was at my heaviest, which was 167 pounds. Before that, I can't tell you what I weighed each year, because I didn't believe in scales. But when I got on the scale, and I realized I weighed that much, I knew it was time for a change, so I joined weight watchers.

Now on my 14th week of weight watchers, I couldn't be happier with the progress, nor the ease of weight watchers. Like everyone I do struggle, but I find I can eat what I want in moderate amounts. It just surprises me how out of control my portions had gotten, and how bad some of the foods I thought were good for me were.

So here I am, now 14.6lbs lighter, minus a boyfriend, and feeling great. I have 12.8lbs until I hit my major goal of 140lbs, although I think ultimately I would like to hover between 135 and 140, and on my 5 foot 8 frame, I think that is reasonable, and wouldn't be too skinny.

So what will you find in this blog? Your going to find a little bit of everything. You will hear about my ups and downs with weight watchers (including the times I "fall off the wagon"), you will see posting of recipes that I've tried, along with points values, you'll get updates when I weigh in and you'll get tidbits about my life.

I hope those of you who meander on over will stick around for the ride!

Until next time,
Kate

No comments: