Friday, April 20, 2007

And a Happy Friday to you..

I've been saying I was going to try Yoga for quite sometime, and I've been a combination of lazy and standoffish about it. Well I finally tried it last night for the first time. It was definitely different. I don't know what I was expecting, in fact I think I went in with little or not expectations of what it would be like.

First of all, I would love to say thanks to the folks over at Ann Arbor Yoga, they were great, very accommodating, and made sure that the experience was great. They were friendly and helpful.

Second, I'll tell you I didn't enjoy it. I think Yoga is one of those things that is just for certain people, and I'm not one of them. I think the biggest reason I didn't like it is just because I almost fell asleep, multiple times. I guess the other reason I didn't like it is just because I have no grace, what-so-ever. Yoga is one of those things that when you watch people who do it (and are good at it) they are very graceful. Me on the other hand, I looked like an elephant in a china shop. I'm sure it was amusing to the instructor nonetheless.

So, I've decided I will try something new next week. I'm going to try to get to an "activity" several times a week. Looks like next week, I have several options at local community rec centers, or other local fitness establishments that allow drop in. I am defiantly going to do spinning one day next week, I've done it before and I liked it, so I will try that again. Other than that it will be some sort of fitness class like kick boxing or toning deal. Should be fun, and I'll keep you updated.

It's finally gorgeous here in Michigan. It's nice once the weather turns you can finally get outside and be active. Today, Saturday and Sunday is suppose to be in the 70's and sunny, YES! I'm hoping to maybe dust off the Rollerblades this weekend, and also get the mountain bike out. I'm either going to go biking at the trails at the Metropark or hit the trails at Maybury State Park, I haven't decided yet. But as you can tell, I forsee and active weekend ahead and I'm pumped.

Weigh In is tomorrow. This is the week that I typical don't lose because of TOM, but we will see, and I'll keep you posted!

Kate

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for posting, i will add you to my daily-reads... i've done yoga too but have to say i like pilates more - you get a better workout... i know its not for everyone but it IS a great way to tone, strengthen your core, and de-stress... i like spinning too but now that i'm training for a 5K, i miss all the good classes... :o(

anyhoo, have a nice weekend... :o)

p.s. good luck on your weigh-in