Friday, May 11, 2007

TGIF!

I am always glad when a weekend comes around, but this week, I'm exceptionally glad. I've been battling allergies all week, and it's been a tough week at work, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in, and lounging around a bit this week. Not looking forward to weigh in though, haha, but that is my own darn fault, hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it will be.

No real plans this weekend, perhaps I'll get to see Scott one evening, which will be nice. Other than that, some gardening, and maybe some cross stitching, and of course mother's day festivities on Sunday. I've been working on this cross stitch for my parents anniversary (which was on Thursday, I'm behind, I know). It's of two Precious Moment sitting on a tree stump, it is just adorable, although I'm running late with it, hence, they didn't get it for their anniversary, I told them I had an anniversary present for them, but it would be a couple months. What a bad daughter.

I hacked up my finger last night with a knife. Let me back up here. I bought a new set of knives are a present to myself for 15lb weight loss goal. Well I bought a really nice expensive set, J.A. Henckels Professional "S" Series, I purchased them on ebay for about 1/3 of retail price...go me! Nothing like nice knives, but, when your used to dull crappy ones, watch out! This is the second time I've sliced my hands up in a week. The first time was just a small cut, this time, I took a hunk out of my thumb....ouch! My mom said she's repossessing the knives, lol. One would think I've never cooked the way my hands look. But in all seriousness, if you want a nice set of knives, and you don't mind spending the money, get this set they are awesome. And if you've never had nice knives, god it makes cooking easier. I forgot how much I missed nice knives.

I haven't decided what my "20 pound" present is going to be, I should though, because hopefully I will hit it next week. I really want a new food processor, but it's expensive, and I think I need to hold off on it. Perhaps a Pedicure? I've never had one!

Alright girls, have a healthy and happy weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

pedicures are great, you should definitely do that when you reach 20... you will feel so relaxed afterwards and with pretty toes to boot! have a nice weekend... :o)

Carolyn said...

I've never had a pedicure either but I think I'm going to break out and just do it! I don't especially like people touching my feet so I don't know how well it will go but I'll give er a try.
Have fun this weekend lounging around and hope you have a great time with Scott!!
Treat yourself to something great!!

L said...

I hope you get to buy that food processor soon!! I can't wait til I can reward myself with something.