Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"You are built not to shrink down to less,
but to blossom into more."
~Oprah Winfrey

Ahh, it's amazing how one day can give you such a sense of renewal.

Yesterday, I felt like crap after I ate when I did. My body just doesn't process junk food like it used to two years ago, I eat it, and my body literally is like "what the hell is this?". I get headaches, indigestion, and feel just tired and wore out when I'm not eating good, does anyone else feel like this?

Well yesterday, that's how I felt since I decided to have a cookie party. But when I got home, I decided I was gonna go for a run, even though I felt like crap. I promised myself just to get out the door, and I would just do a mile if I still felt like crap. Well I ended up doing three. So go me!

Today is much better. There are more cookies (yes, different ones than yesterday!) on the table today, but I've managed to avoid the urge to eat them, and I've eaten lots of good stuff, and have drank almost a gallon of water. I feel so much better.

And it's currently 20* outside, with a wind chill of 6*, and I still just can't wait to get home and run. I don't know when I became crazy, but I did. I'm one of those people who is running in the winter blowing snow, that I used to laugh at for being crazy.

So today has turned out to be a good and OP day, one of many to come! I will post a menu later on!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

My body definitely rejects too much fat and sugar. My body retains fluid so my feet and legs swell and I can't breathe well. And my entire gut becomes irritated! I feel soooo much better when I eat properly...and it doesn't take a long time either...just a day or two!

Fatinah said...

3 mile run while you're feeling like crap - what a brat!

Carolyn said...

It IS amazing what one OP day can do! Keep it up!