Thursday, January 22, 2009

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected
without trials."
-- Chinese proverb

Good Morning Everyone!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my blog yesterday about my bad day. I did end up eating more in the evening, and unfortunately it wasn't all great stuff, but the day is done and over with, and I'm back on track and plugging full steam ahead today!

I do think I figured out why I ate the candy yesterday though. I hit a situation at work where I felt nervous and stressed, and anxious. Work has been this way lately, and it's been adding up. So yesterday, I felt nervous and anxious, and I went for the candy bowl. So it's definately something I need to be aware of, but now that I see that is what is causing it, I can make that change.

So today is going to be my 4th and final run for the week, and it will be a short 2 miles. It might actually feel "warm" running today, as we are expecting temps in the upper 20's and low 30's! I don't know what I'm gonna do, I'm so happy!

Next week is a "cutback" week, which is good, because I'm kinda tired, and feel I could use a week. But this weeks runs all went good, and my times are dropping back down to wear they were before my one month hiatus from running, and they should drop even more when the temps go up a bit, and they finally plow so I'm not running is 6-8 inches of snow on sidewalks!

So really everything is going good, I'm getting my runs in, my pushup and situp challenges are getting done, and I'm on plan MOST of the time, if I can just get that back to being ALL the time, I'll be doing great.

But all I can do is keep trying, I know that everyone falls on their face once in awhile, and that's why I make sure to post the good, the bad and the ugly on my blog, so you guys can see, even those of us that have succeeded, we still struggle! It's a constant battle!

Keep up the good work everyone, and once again, I appreciate the kind thoughts and encouragement!




1 comment:

Fatinah said...

I am convinced the reason you have such awesome success is because you are able to correct yourself immediately after a glitch. That is why I enjoy your blog so much. It gives me such hope that when I get to where I want to be I can stay there.