Friday, January 16, 2009

"None will improve your lot If you yourself do not."
-- Bertolt Brecht, 1933

I'll admit it, I seriously don't know where my motivation is. It's just like I have no motivation to get back on track, and to stay there.

I know I've done this before, where I can't find my motivation. But I don't know how I got it back.

I know I'm under a lot of stress lately, and I'm sure that has to do with it some, I have a tendency to eat for comfort...I'm sure alot of you can echo that. Plus we are just coming off the holidays.

But I guess I ask, as many of you have asked me before...where do I find the motivation?

Days I'm running it's great motivation to eat right, cause my runs are so much better, but the days I don't run, I struggle!

I appreciate any tips! Thanks!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You are doing/have been doing such a great job with maintenance! Don't give up now!

Since you are more motivated the days you run, is there another activity you enjoy that is lower impact you can do on days you don't run such as resistance/dumbells or yoga, that get you into that exercise frame of mind that makes you want to eat better?

I had a little mishap myself this week and ate a bunch of Cheetos straight from the bag one night...spin class the next morning was torture because I still felt icky from the cheetos the night before!

Andrew is getting fit said...

True staying on plan for a day. Then another day. After a while the mojo is back.