Friday, January 9, 2009

A Review of '08 Resolutions

Ok, so everyone is going through their new years resolutions, and I want to review mine, and then come up with some new ones, this post will be reviewing;

1. Consistently get to the gym all year, even if it dies down during the summer to a measly once or twice a month. But during the cold months, stay going, weekly, on a regular basis. I don't think I did to shabby here! I consistently exercised most of the year when sickness or other events weren't in the way. I began running outside in July, and racked up around 300 miles by the end of the year! Go me! I've now been working out consistently for over one year!

2. Be more social! I have a tendency to be a hermit. I like quiet time, alone time, but I'm going to make more of an effort to go out. I want to go out twice a month, whether that is on a date, or catching dinner with a girlfriend, or going to a party. I did get out a little more, but not nearly as much as I would of liked to, or should have.

3. Try to be a more positive person. I have a tendency to look at things with a negative view at times, and I would like to change that. I was a more positive person for most of last year, believe me, I did get down, but I worked through it, and I would say I'm happier.

4. Pick up a new hobby. Any new hobby. Can we say running? I became addicted, took until July, but it truly became a new hobby of mine!

Alright now for the weight/health related goals.

1. Finally reach my goal weight of 142. I'll get there, I know it! Got there 7/20/08!

2. Gain more knowledge of nutrition. Weight Watchers is a great program, but as long as your eating your points, you can eat whatever. I would like to focus on keeping my Carbs, Fat and Protein in order. I learned alot about nutrition this year, I think in the end it all comes down to balance. You can eat that cheesecake, just eat it once a month, I am more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth and how it affects my body, I think I learned alot here, but I know I have alot left to learn too!


Well I think overall I did well, I mean sure there were a few things I didn't follow completely through on, but overall, I think I mad 2008 a successful year! And I plan to make 2009 an even better year.

I'll be posting menus from now on to, as a little keep myself on track tactic. I'm only going to be weighing once a month, and I will be in weight loss mode until I see the infamous 142 number! Next weigh in will be February 2nd!

Ok, menu tonight, first day back on program/food is going good!


1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Great results overall I reckon!