Well I love the end of one year and the beginning of a new one, it's always so refreshing.
Well I will be starting my new year on a sour note. I gained another 2 pounds this week. I know this is a combination of a couple things, one good ol' TOM still hadn't started, and well it always affects my weight, fun stuff. Plus, I just had too much fun eating during the holidays. I did so well from December 1st all the way through December 23rd, then heck, I don't know what happened. But it could be alot worse than 2lbs right? And it's over, it's done, I'm moving on. Looking forward to a nice loss next week.
I didn't set any new years resolutions last year, in fact joining weight watchers was even on a whim after the 1st, so I can't say that was my new years resolution last year. I didn't make any, other than to be happier and healthier, and both of those are a check plus!
As far as my goals for December, I didn't lose weight, let alone 5lbs unfortunately. BUT! I did start going to the gym again, and managed to get there 13 times, which is a big achievement. I'm actually to the point now where I'm starting to like going, and actually feel guilty and/or miss it when I don't go.
I don't like setting weight-loss related resolutions for the new year, I feel like everyone does it. So here are a few non-weight loss related ones.
1. Consistently get to the gym all year, even if it dies down during the summer to a measly once or twice a month. But during the cold months, stay going, weekly, on a regular basis.
2. Be more social! I have a tendency to be a hermit. I like quiet time, alone time, but I'm going to make more of an effort to go out. I want to go out twice a month, whether that is on a date, or catching dinner with a girlfriend, or going to a party.
3. Try to be a more positive person. I have a tendency to look at things with a negative view at times, and I would like to change that.
4. Pick up a new hobby. Any new hobby.
Alright now for the weight/health related goals.
1. Finally reach my goal weight of 142. I'll get there, I know it!
2. Gain more knowledge of nutrition. Weight Watchers is a great program, but as long as your eating your points, you can eat whatever. I would like to focus on keeping my Carbs, Fat and Protein in order.
Ok, Ok, so I did it, there are my new years resolutions, I know I will get there! I'm enjoying reading all of yours and I'm looking forward to getting to know all my blogging buddies even better this coming year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I'll see you guys again on Wednesday!