Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Decision

After some long hard thought, and some heart to hearts with some of my girlfriends who've been on the weight loss journey with me, I've decided to switch over to maintenance mode. I'm content with where I am at right now, for the time being. After a month or two of learning to maintain where I'm at, perhaps I will switch back to loss mode and try to lose the last 10lbs, but for the rest of the summer, I'm going to give my body a break, and maintain. I'll still be posting weekly weigh ins, and the range I am going to allow myself is 148-153, as I seem to be hovering right around 150.

5 comments:

Cory said...

150 is a good weight. After you've been maintaining it for a while you might find that you are happy with it. And you can always try to lose more later!

Fatinah said...

you are clearly comfortable with where you are. and that is awesome. maintaining is equally hard, so I don't know how much of a break it will feel like - but kudos to you! I can't wait until I can write a post like you just did. I'm quite excited for you.

Lyn said...

Well then a big congrats is in order!! Well done on losing those 18lbs!! and like you say there are no rules in this game you can start trying to lose again if you feel the need or just stay where you are. Go you!!!

noelle said...

good for you for making that decision...I'm sure it was a hard one!

Just try to enjoy the loss you have had and learn to live in this new slimmer body for a while!

Kathy said...

Just another sign that you are making good decisions and are in charge of what is right for you. Don't run away from us, though. Your experiences help the rest of us and we want to see your smiling face often!