Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What you Believe

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to
what they think they can do.
You can go as far as you mind lets you.
What you believe, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

Sorry for the lack of posting the last couple days, I've been battling the cold, and feeling rather run down. Amazing what one night of being out late (when your totally not used to it), and compound that by having a cold will do to one person.

I did make it to the gym last night, even though I didn't feel like going, I wanted to reach my goal for gym time this month, and I had to hit the gym at least 2 more times. So 1 down, 1 to go! I am planning on going Thursday right after work also. It was hard (I hate running when I have a cold), but I made it, and I actually think I feel a bit better today...perhaps I sweated a bit of it out.

I've been doing good OP, and have been staying within my points. I have begun counting my morning oatmeal as 4 points, instead of the 3 I was counting it as (since the ingrdients I mix in bring it up to 4 when totaled, but not individually). I also like having Yogurt with a couple different types of cereal, and I used to use a zero point cereal, plus Kashi, but now I count them as combined. So overall, I'm eating a bit less food...but I think I'm being better "on plan". So we'll see if the scale will show that come Sunday.

I found a new food I love (please don't laugh lol), Sweet Potatoes! I don't know all these years what my aversion to them had been. I think my mom must have forced me to eat them when I was a kid, and I hate them, so I never tried them again. Well I tried one the other day, and I love it. Which is great, because it's more of a good carb than regular potatoes are...so healthier. Always looking for that better option!

Also, kinda had a NSV the other day. I came across a pair of jeans I used to wear in HS, and I tried them on, and they fit. I mean not great, but I could button them, and move around in them. I was so happy!

Other than that, nothing exciting going on.

Back to work I go, but have a healthy and happy day bloggers.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing fantastic!! Way to go......I need to ramp my gym visits back up - I've been going 2 to 3 times a week but would rather make that 4 on a consistant basis. It's just so hard sometimes with work, home, being sick, out of town - you know the drill!

I'm glad to see that someone is else is revisiting their "normal" food....I've been doing that lately and I've been kind of sad that I had to say goodbye to some things.....okay how sad is it that saying goodbye to food makes me sad??? Geez, I act like I lost my best friend! I'm also trying to eat on a more stringent schedule - I am notorious for not eating all day and then eating a huge meal before bed......really trying to break that bad bad habit!! So I'll cheer you on and you can cheer me on and between the 2 of us we should be rid of this last 12 pounds in no time! BTW - I weigh in in the morning.......crossing my fingers!

HUGS to you and I hope you feel better! BTW - how is the puppy???

Kathy said...

Sometimes it's good to just "tighten up" your program a little to get the results you want.

Feel better.

HappyBlogChick said...

Mmmmm sweet potatoes ... I need to dig up some good recipes. My husband and I both love them, but I don't work them into our menu very often. He loves them all sugared up, and I need to find tasty alternatives.

I hope you're feeling better now - I'm sorry to hear you've been sick.

Good for you for getting to the gym, and for being SO very disciplined about the way you count points. Good for you! No wonder you're fitting in your old jeans. Congrats!

Keep up the good work.

noelle said...

Sweet potatoes are a great food. They were always a fave with the babies here too. I just love them baked and eaten plain. mmm

I've been fighting the cold thing too. Yuck. Hope you're over it soon.

Lyn said...

A very postive post!! I love sweet potatoes. Especially in a potato bake with lite evapourated milk and soup sachet. Yummo!!

Hope your feeling better by now!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.