Friday, February 8, 2008

Courage and Strength

Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our
courage and strength.
-- Anonymous

I get daily "positive" quotes in my email everyday, usually they aren't all that inspiring, and I have to do searching for a positive quote for you guys, but today, this one was delivered to my email!

This quote I think really can hit home for anyone. We have all, at one point or another, in our personal lives, or in our weight loss journey's hit hard times. We all have been faced with things that seemed nearly impossible to overcome, but we all have overcome them, haven't we? We just need to find the courage and the strength to get through it. But deep inside all of us, we have it, the drive, the strength, the courage to get through anything.

Yesterday was a....not so good day. I guess it wasn't that bad, but I was just crazy munchy all day! And it was the type of munchy where my stomach was actually growling (like it still is today in fact). I was doing good, I resorted to carrots, which are my safe food. But I made the mistake of getting into the ice cream. I've almost decided I can't keep ice cream (besides single serving cups) in the house, because for some reason, I have a tendency to eat out of the carton. Now by no means did I get completely off track, or eat half the carton, I probably ate like 1.5 cups (which is what I counted for), but still, it wasn't good...6 points in ice cream...geez. But I have plenty of flex left, so I should be ok. Other than that, yesterday went ok.

Today is going fine so far, and I will be out of the house most of the evening between going to the gym, and then helping with the Lenten Fish Fry at church. I volunteered to help clean up the kitchen afterwards (I figured this was safer than making up the dishes or manning the dessert table lol). Then I will probably come home and start icing cookies for my brother's wedding shower on Sunday. I am doing these cute little double heart cookies.

Then Saturday I have alot of little things to do for the shower, get name tags together, bake two cheesecakes, that kinda of stuff. I should definitely be tuckered out from baking after this weekend.

I am planning on getting to the gym tonight, Saturday and Sunday, and that should put me back on track for the month after a few forced skipped workouts due to the gimpy foot. But we'll see how it goes, the workouts I do are rather intensive and sometimes it's very hard to do back to back workouts. But we will see how I feel :)

Anyways, I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday, and I will report back with a weigh in on Sunday and maybe a few pictures of my cheesecakes and cookies!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

great quote! sort of like how i feel about weightloss... it's been a long, curvy road and i've learned a great deal about myself... the struggles, the hardships, the gains, the feelings of just wanting to give up - all have made me a stronger and better person... plus, i truly feel that you learn so much more when something bad happens - weird huh...

have fun this weekend, sounds like you're going to be one, busy baker! mentioning the fish-fry makes me hungry for a fish samich! yum! :o)

Fatinah said...

mmm, I want to see pictures!!!....well, to be honest, I want a piece, but I will settle for a picture!! HAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I am still watching Biggest Loser.......I'm enjoying it - but it REALLY bugs me that they called it "couples" when really it's "pairs". I know, I know, I need counselling!

HappyBlogChick said...

I can't keep ice cream cartons in my house. Even plain ol' vanilla or flavors that are suboptimal ... I end up standing at the counter with the carton and a spoon. Single serves work much better for me.

Sorry you had a rough day. Sounds like today is better, and I'm glad.

Mmmmmm cheesecake and cookies!

Kathy said...

After a slugfest with sugar-free ice cream last summer...which I lost all too often...we finally admitted our weakness and banned it from the house. If we want it now, we make the decision, figure out how many points we can spare, and go out for it. About the only "sweet" thing we have at home is instant sugar-free pudding .

Anonymous said...

i want to see those cookies! you must be very talented in the baking arena! i'm jealous. although, if i could bake, this whole eating healthy would be a lot harder, i have to admit.