Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happiness

Happiness is more a state of health than of wealth.
Frank Tyger

My good friend Kathy had a post yesterday about her personal goals for her weight loss journey, and essentially talked about how is all boiled down to her being happy. Which isn't this the case with all of us? We all start on this weight loss journey, at one point or another, because we are unhappy with some aspect of our health. Whether it be chronic indigestion (that was me!), hurting joints, not fitting in to clothes, being told we should lose weight for our health, or whatever other reason, we are all in this because we want to be happier people. So isn't this quote right on? Happiness is a state of health.

Things have been going good on this end. Incredibly busy at work, hence the lack of posts.

My foot is getting better. I was actually going to go to the gym as scheduled yesterday, but decided to give myself another day to let my foot heal. It still hurts a small amount today, but I think I will attempt the gym regardless. I think I will be fine. I don't want to fall too behind on my gym goals for the month.

I have been doing pretty decent OP. I've had more "perfect" weeks, but I'm still doing fine. I ate a few flexies last night, but that's what they are there for. I've been getting in my 8GHG's, and I haven't had any "eat my face off" sessions, so I think I'm handling everything pretty well.

Things around the house with the roommate have been surprisingly good. I think we are actually getting along better now that's she's moving out then we have been for over a year now (she's lived with me for almost 3 years). She is actively looking for a place, but hasn't found anything she likes yet, which I never expected her to find something in a month. But at least I know she is looking.

I had a couple NSV's the other day I keep forgetting to mention:

1. I went over to my parents for dinner on Sunday, and of course what does my mom make? One of my favorite meals like ever in this whole world...Barbecue Meatballs, now mind you, back pre-WW's I would have eaten 10 meatballs drenched in sauce, huge serving of mashed taters, plus a roll or two with butter. you know, all the goodies. What did I eat? I had 4 meatballs, with just the sauce that came out of the pot with them, I skipped the mashed potatoes, and had one roll (without butter) and called it good enough. I was not stuffed, but satisfied. Very big NSV.

2. The other one might be TMI, but I'm gonna tell ya, cause I know ya'll done the same thing! Usually when I get out of the shower, my ass kinda looks big. It's never been that big, but I've never been happy with it either. I've always had those "fat dimples" and hated that. Well the other day, I'm getting out of the shower, and for once, I didn't notice fat dimples. My ass actually kinda looked good! Running to blame for this? Probably! But still, major NSV there too!

Alrighty, I gotta get back to work, but I wanted to share :) I hope everyone is staying OP, I know this is the time of year when motivation starts to wane a bit!


7 comments:

L said...

Thank you! I've read your posts while I was MIA but was just too lazy to comment.

YAY for the NSV's (esp the butt dimples hehe)! :D

Kathy said...

You are so funny! But what woman wouldn't want that NSV to brag about? I compare my behind to the hump on a camel...God's way of making sure I can survive a famine! Ha!

Unknown said...

great job with the NSV's - eating less meatballs is always a challenge for me (not sure if i could've skipped the mashed potatoes though)... and i would say running is definitely making those dimples go away! yaa hoo! :o)

Fatinah said...

here's to a smooth ass! (why do I have the sudden urge to run!!!!????) You're so funny!!
Awesome work on the meatballs - I don't know if I'd have walked away from that with a NSV!!

Unknown said...

Can I say that I LOVE the carrot muffins!!! Gotta stop eating them though......I'm on vacation and that is NOT an excuse to polish off the whole batch in 3 days - LOL!

Way to go on the lack of dimpling and on the meatball meal!! Running is definetely one of the contributing factors to the better bootie but girl, you have been hitting it hard. I am soooooo proud for you! You are such an incredible friend and now you have an incredible butt to match - LOL

HUGS

Caroline said...

I know all about the butt dimples. I can't WAIT to not see them anymore! Congrats on the NSVs as well. You're doing awesome!

And I seriously want the instructions to your sweet corn muffin recipe. I'm not a good enough cook to try to wing it.

Have a great weekend!

Tina said...

Responding to your comment, I KNEW there was a reason I liked you! Do you speak it at all? Have you been?

You should take some progress pictures of the butt dimples (or lack of them). You know everyone here is thinking it. Only I am twisted enough to say it.