Saturday, February 2, 2008

Review of January, Goals for February

Alright! Well happy February everyone. Sorry I've been a little lacking on the posts as of lately, We get really busy at work this season, so I'm actually made to work all day...pssshhhhh, whats up with that.

Well regardless, I wanted to review my January goals, and set some February Goals.

January Goals were:


1. Try to get to the gym three times per week. That means 12 times this month. I can do it. Cardio and Fat burning are my focus.

I got to the gym 12 times. The last time was a short session due to some time stipulations, but I still made it there!

2. Lose 5lbs. I think it's doable, I was on track to do that in December before the wagon tipped over and fell on me.

Well I lost 5.2lbs. So I definately hit this one. Great! Started at 158.6, ended the month at 153.4. I'm very happy with that.

3. Use Spark to track my Carbs, Fat and Protein for the month. I don't expect to do this for every month, but I think every so often I need to have a month of it. This will be one of those.

I used Spark Monday thru Friday, and sometimes Saturday to track my macros. My Sundays are a little crazy, so I usually let that one go. But I used Weight Watchers online tracker at all times. I only had one day where I kinda had some issues.

4. In conjunction with #3, appropriately balance my macros. I have a tendency to eat very carb heavy (perhaps preventing weight loss?).

My macros were pretty balanced. Way better than I am sure they were before. Were they always within the set ranges? Umm, no. But they were close. This month I will work a little harder on that.


And Now, my February Goals:

1. Weight Loss Goal, same as every month, I would like to lose 5lbs. I think it's doable, especially with upping my exercise a bit.

2. Use SparkPeople to track my eating as well as Weight Watchers. I'm going to work even harder on Balancing them out.

3. Get my 8 GHG's in! I've been doing well at this, and I want to keep up on that.

4. Get to the gym 13 times. This is one more time then I did last month. I think that's reasonable, also, I just upped my workouts from 20 to 25 minutes, and by the end of the month I would like to be at 30 minutes.

So there you have it! Goals for February.

First weigh in tomorrow! I'll post it.

Have a great weekend everyone!


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yey, Kate!!! Great loss and sticking to your goals. Good luck in February.

Fatinah said...

awesome job making your January goals!

Anonymous said...

i started using spark yesterday, and i love it! the only thing was that i found out i wasn't eating enough calories. so i decided to use their recommendations, instead of counting points, for a while to see how it goes

Roni said...

I'm telling you when you write out the goals you are WAY more likely to stick to them! GREAT JOB!