Monday, February 11, 2008

Trying

"I can't do it" never yet accomplished anything: "I will try" has
accomplished wonders.
-- George P. Burnham

I apologize for the lack of a weigh in post yesterday. I had a wedding shower yesterday afternoon and needless to say, I was on the go until late afternoon, and after than, I just crashed.

I was up .4 of a pound this week. I'm not really that upset about it. Why you ask? Well one, I had a couple times where I wasn't so great last week. Not like I ate a dozen doughtnuts and two pieces of cake bad, but just not tracking as closely as I should. Plus on top of that, Saturday I didn't drink any water, and Iwent to the gym (which amazingly seems to make me weigh more the next day...go figure). So .4lbs....not a big deal. Unfortunately, next week is my TOM weigh in. So I won't be seeing a loss next week....bummer!

I've decide the weigh in after that, I am going to weigh in Saturday instead of Sunday, because that Saturday night is the Bachelorette Party for my brothers Fiance, and while I don't intend to be bad, add a couple of drinks, and the dehydration that goes along with that, and I'm sure it would "screw up" my weigh in, so i will weigh a day early to avoid that. Fun huh? It's going to be a busy month.

The shower was a complete success, and also a huge NSV for me. I stuck to my plan and only touched the veggie tray. I ate quite a few carrots and cauliflower, but after all the shit I avoided, good lord! Like all my temptations were there, and I didn't touch any of them! We had a taco bar (me and mexican, we were great friends pre-WW's), plus I made two cheesecakes (yum!) and grandma brought a german chocolate cake (My favorite, I used to get one every year on my Birthday!). So I avoided a ton of stuff that could have been disastrous. Sure I liked my fingers once or twice while cutting the cakes, and I stole one tortilla chip (at least it was multigrain!), and I licked my finger while cleaning up the 7 layer dip....but overall. I stayed out of it, and for me, that's awesome!

I did make it to the gym twice this weekend. Friday and Saturday. But my body was two tired after 2 workouts in a row to even think of going Sunday. But the workouts went well, and the 25 minutes (instead of the 20) is kicking my ass a little less each time. That's a good thing. Perhaps more butt dimples will disappear? lol

This week, I am planning to get in three workouts (M,W,F), and I have a feeling it will be a great OP week! Which sucks I won't see a loss this weekend...but I will get over it!

I did bake alot this weekend. I made two lemon cakes (my youngest brothers 21st birthday, so I needed to make him one for home, and one for work), four loaves of bread (two which didn't rise properly, thats why I had to make two more!), one cheesecake, another no bake cheesecake, plus I decorate cookies, which we gave as favors....I'm exhausted. But of all the baking, I stayed out of it...yay!

Alright, well I gotta get back to work...have a healthy day bloggers!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that .4 pounds will be off before you know it and kudos for avoiding the taco bar - that would've been my first (and only) choice! you are the quite the baking machine too - wow! i don't think i've ever baked that much at one time... ;o)

noelle said...

Good job staying out of the treats all weekend! That IS a huge NSV.

Kathy said...

Kudos to you! Passing up a taco bar would be so hard! I would probably have made a taco salad with the ingredients, at least.

Your baking sounds terrific. I'm going to be in the midst of it in a few weeks...hope I do as well as you have!

Caroline said...

Those are HUGE NSVs. I don't know how I would have stayed out of the taco bar. Just like you, Mexican food and I were good friends pre-WW. It's still hard to resist, but it's getting easier. Your baking weekend sounds like mine from last week. I was amazed how sore my legs were from just standing so much. I can walk and run and be okay, but just standing made my legs ache. You're doing great. Congrats!

healthy ashley said...

You did so much baking! I cooked and baked a lot this weekend, too-- but I definitely had some of everything!

Good job on your progress!

HappyBlogChick said...

Congrats on your NSV. WOW, so many temptations and you didn't give in. Impressive!

That 0.4 will be off in no time.

Unknown said...

You are one busy lady! I can't wait for the warmer weather!!!