Friday, January 25, 2008

Determination

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
Og Mandino

No explanation necessary for that quote today! Enjoy!

Sorry, I've been crazy busy the last couple days at work, ack!

I've been doing good, and OP. I even made Gooey Cake the other night (have you guys heard of this devilish food?) and Banana Cake last night (a family delish recipe), and I managed to pretty much stay out of both. Occasional lick of the fingers or whatever, but nothing drastic and point altering for sure. I've been getting in my 8 GHG's and still watching my carb intake. I jumped on the scale to take a peak last night, and it looks like it might be behaving itself for now...we will see more on Sunday.

Plans for the weekend? Nothing terribly exciting. The roommate has been gone housesitting for her father since Wednesday and won't get back til Tuesday, so I've been crazy enjoying my quiet house. Tonight I am planning on going to the Plymouth International Ice Show and grabbing dinner with a girlfriend. Tomorrow some grocery shopping and baking. I have a couple good recipes for healthy muffins that I want to try because who doesn't love a muffin once in awhile? So I will let you guys know if I find any winners! I have a feeling I will.

I've made it to the gym twice this week, I skipped last night to hang out with a girlfriend and get the banana cake baked. But plan on getting to the gym 2 or 3 times next week, and that will put me at 12 or 13 times for the month, which is my goal, so that will be good.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I'll report a weigh in on Sunday!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You've been so faithful about going to the gym...good for you!

noelle said...

Sounds like you have been enjoying your week.

Those recipes sound yummy too. What's the Gooey cake like? I have 2 kids with birthdays this week. Maybe we'll make that one.