Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Succeeding

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
~Og Mandino

I don't know why, but my motivation has been rather weary as of lately. I'm not off plan, nothing like that, but I haven't been tracking every bite either. You know, stupid stuff, like sneaking an extra bite of dinner when I'm cleaning it up, or licking spoons too much, etc. It hasn't helped I have a lot going on in my life (still no excuse), but I have had a house in upheavel because the roommate is moving out. The wedding threw my schedule all off. I haven't been feeling well. And I think it's all just adding up. It's been extra hard to remain on plan, especially since I know that I won't be losing this week....but I'm hanging in there.

I think this time of year comes too and I get a little antsy, because I'm ready for the weather to turn, and become nice, and Michigan hasn't been helpful in that department this year. So does anyone have an extra motivation they can lend me? I really want to get these last couple pounds off!

I have noticed that my weight loss seems to be better when I'm blogging alot more, so I am going to make more of an effort to update Monday thru Friday. It is hard this time of year since it's busy season at work, but I'm going to try.

Thanks to those of you who left nice comments yesterday. It's encouraging when I hear people tell me that I could probably use a break from the gym for a week. I feel gulity about it, so to hear people say it's needed makes me feel a tad better. It has been three months of going, and the first break I've taken, so I need it.

Anyone else hate this spring forward time change? It seriously has my body all out of whack. I'm ready for the weekend and some good sleep! lol.

Anyways, I better get back to work, but have a healthy happy day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

first off, i think you look stunning in that dress! and secondly, you did an amazing job food-wise at the wedding... super kudos to you, girl! :-)

i'm ready for spring, the time-change hasn't really affected me... i'm totally digging the later sunset though, it was a drag leaving work in the dark! :-p

Kathy said...

TB seemed to have success losing the last few pounds by joining the contest where he works...the competitive gene kicked in, I guess! Maybe that would work for you.

Take One Stripper Pole said...

Seriously with everything you have had going on ... is it any wonder your motivation would be off? You are much further along in your evolution to being healthy ... I would have probably said f*$& it by now! Give your body a rest, catch up on sleep, eat healthy and jump back on the horse in a few days.

Caroline said...

You look BEAUTIFUL in the pictures from the wedding. I hope you took the time to realize how great you really look.

And what you're talking about with getting a little slack is exactly why I had to "restart". I was just taking nibbles here and there and not counting it, or guesstimating a little too much on points. I really had to buckle back down and be very diligent about counting. It's hard!