Monday, February 9, 2009

I change my mind more than....

I couldn't think of a good analogy, but these days, seems like I've been changing my mind alot when it comes down to what works, and what doesn't when I look at maintaining/losing weight.

So here I am, changing my mind again. Last week I just decided to write down what I was eating, because it worked so well in the summer time. And really it did work great then, I actually lost weight when I wasn't trying too. But I also think it worked so well because one, I was running about 15 miles a week, and two, I was just trying to maintain what I had lost. Running and loosely keeping track of what I'm eating works wonders for maintaining, not so much for trying to lose.

So I keep going back and fourth on how to get these few pounds off. And you know what? It's just me being lazy, or trying to find something easier. I know what works, I lost 25lbs using something that works, so I just need to stop being lazy and get back on board with WW's, because that is what worked for me.

Sooooo, last night I joined WW's online again. I set my weigh in days to Friday, I really like Sunday weigh ins, but I'm never sure whether I will be at my house or the boyfriends Sunday morning, and I'm picky about which scale I use, so therefore Fridays avoids that confusion.

I also made a decision to lose a few extra pounds over the few that I have gained. The end of this summer, I had actually lost more weight (without trying), and hit right about 140, with some days being in the upper 130's. I was terribly happy with this weight, I felt great and felt so lean, so I'm going to set a goal weight of 138 now. I think this is a good weight, and if I get to 140 and feel like that is fine, I'll stop there.

So my first (and very scary I'm sure!) weigh in will be on Friday Morning, and then I'll see exactly how much weight I have to lose, and I'll put back up a weight loss ticker, and goals on the side bar!

So there is my Monday morning revelation!

How was the weekend? Eating wise, it could have been better, could have been worse. Yesterday was completely and totally on plan though, AND I got a 4 mile run in! Plus, it was like 40* outside, which feels like summer in this neck of the woods this time of year. Tomorrow is gonna be in the 50's....I might have to dig out shorts ha ha.

Tonight, I'm planning a 2 mile easy run, as I'm trying to get back into things after being sick. So it will be an easy week :)

I've also started the pushup and situp challenges!

Ok, so there you have it. I'm back on the wagon, back to doing what I know works so I can get back down to "fighting weight".

Watch out bloggers, here I come!

5 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

I hate the weekend WI's. I never realized how bad I did on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, till I tried the Saturday WI's a few times. I WI on Wednesday nights and always see much better results. We're here for ya!

Unknown said...

i felt the same way before deciding to rejoin but am glad i did because like you said - we know what works... welcome back! :)

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to see you back on track and focused. Pushups, hmm... I should start doing those again.

P.O.M. said...

I am so with you. I'm afraid to get on the scale to see where I am right now. But my pants are all tight, so I know it's not good. I am back on the wagon today.

WWSuzi said...

I'm forever changing my mind about what works. It looks like you've made some great decisions:)