Saturday, September 6, 2008

Books to Review

So, as always in a process to continuously improve myself, and better understand the emotional implications behind my eating, I've picked up a couple of books today which I'm going to read and offer reviews on in the next couple of weeks/months.

These books include:

Mindless Eating: Why we eat more than we think by Brian Wansink

Eating Mindfully
by Susan Albers

The Rules of Normal Eating
by Karen Koenig

Intuitive Eating
by Evelyn Tribole

I'm excited about all of them. I scanned through them all, but the one I chose first is Mindless Eating, be looking forward to tell you guys about it. Already it's incredibly interesting the studies they've done, and how they can give people stale popcorn at the movie theater and they eat it it just because it's there. That's amazing to me.

Anyways, hope you guys are having fantastic weekends, will report tomorrow how my first ever 7 mile run goes!

4 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I've read Mindless Eating and Intuitive Eating...both very good books...especially loved Intuitive Eating..wish I'd had it years ago. Looking forward to your comments on The Rules of Normal Eating and Eating Mindfully since those are books I'd like to read. Did you know Karen Koenig has a blog (Normal Eating)?

http://www.eatingdisordersblogs.com/healthy/

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you post some of your recipes that you enjoy...and I know you love to bake so even seeing some that may not be waist friendly. =)

Chellie has Issues said...

Just checking in to see ow the 7 miler went. I'll also be curious about how you like those books.

Kathy said...

Brian's book is excellent and he also has a blog on his website.