Thursday, March 25, 2010

Anyone still around?

Well I’m not even sure I’m even on anyone “radar” anymore, so I don’t even know that this new post will be found by anyone, let alone all the great friends I used to have in the blog world!

It looks like the last time I wrote on my blog was September 3rd, 2009. Kinda of crazy to believe something that was such a staple in my life has went 6 months without any updating, and even longer that that without a steady number of posts.

A lot, and I mean a lot has happened in my life in the last year and half. Needless to say, part of what has happened is that I’ve gained a lot of weight back, although probably only about another 4lbs from the last time I posted a weight which was about 7 months ago, so that’s not too bad.

However, I’ve tried and tried again to get back on the Weight Watchers boat, and it just seems like I can’t do it. I was never one to say I couldn’t do something before. But I’ve just struggled and struggled. I’ve had the mentality of “oh I’ll just start tomorrow” Well putting it off til tomorrow has now left me with 20 pounds to lose again. Putting it off meant letting all the hard work that went into my health and fitness fall to the way-side. And when I sit here and write, I’m actually disgusted that I let it come to this point. I honestly “feel” unhealthy again, even though I’m really just at the very high end of my healthy weight range, this IS NOT where I’m comfortable at.

Now don’t get me wrong, this stuff may have fallen to the way-side. But my life has been awesome for the last 18 months. I have a guy in my life, and I got engaged in November of 2009. We are getting married in September of this year, and I can’t wait. I’m getting AN awesome 3 year old son in the deal, and I couldn’t be happier.

BUT, at the same time, as happy as I am, my eating being out of control, and the weight coming back seems to weigh on me pretty heavy. I know I’m not healthy, and I know that I can be so much better of a person for myself, for my DF, and for my DS. It’s not something I THINK I should do, its something I KNOW I need to do.

That being said, I’ve been trying, I am running again, and It’s finally getting out of the stage where I have to push myself to go, I’m getting back to the point where I’m addicted to it. And that makes it a lot easier to keep up on when I’m not dreading the next run.

So, the next in line to do is to get my eating back on track. I’ve blown today out of the water, but I’m going to a sensible and healthy dinner, and stay on track for the rest of the day and start a fresh week tomorrow.

My first weight goal is to be under 160lbs. I think my ultimate goal will to be where I once was. But I would be ecstatic to be under the 150lb part for my wedding.

Anyways. That is it for me now. My goal is also to post 5 times a week, and post menus.

Have a good one if there is anyone left out there!

6 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

Good to see you around. Guess there's advantages to never updating my blogroll. Small goals. Don't get down on yourself with the timed goals either, even though they seem very important.

Congrats on everything!!

Paul said...

It sounds like you have a lot of good things going on in your life.

Good for you for getting back on the trail to fitness. Best of luck!

Kathy said...

Hi, Kate!
It sounds like a perfect time for you to get serious about making good eating a priority again. First, you have a wedding that you'll want to look your best for. (Congratulations on that, btw!) Second, you will be beginning a new life and lifestyle with your guy and this is the best time to establish what will be your new eating pattern with him. And third, you will have an impressionable child that you will want to teach good eating habits so he will not fall victim to childhood obesity or nutritional problems.

You need to come up with a plan that includes your future family and go for it. I know you can do it!

Erica Young said...

I read your last post instead of this one first, lol. So glad your trying to get everything back under control and congrats on the engagement and getting a step son as well!

And just to let you know I do photography part time ;) www.ericayoungphotography.com. Let me know if your looking for a photographer!

Kim said...

Hey Kate!! So glad to see you back!!! Congratulations on your engagement!! How exciting. :) Can't wait to hear about what's next for you!!

Fatinah said...

I'm still here - just behind on my reading! so glad you're back! I could have written this post!!