Monday, December 22, 2008

Ok, so I've been doing some soul searching here at work today, probably because it's slow, and partially because I feel like crap and haven't eaten anything of nutritious value today, yes, that's right, I've had a steady diet of cookies. While this is an exceptionally tasty diet, I've learned, one, it makes me feel like crap, including a headache, and just overall yucky feeling. The bad thing is, this has been the story of my life for much to long. My body is in serious serious need of good food.

My days always start out with great intentions, a healthy breakfast, nutritious lunch and snacks planned for the day, and a good menu for the evening, but for some reason, my usually exceptional willpower of turning down the goodies that are brought in hasn't been there, and I start with one, and it's a downhill spiral.

So it stops right now. RIGHT NOW. I know that the holidays are coming up, and I can't expect to track on those days, I can try to eat sensibly, and enjoy small portions.

So here we have it, in the next 10 days (December 23rd to January 1st) I plan to track 8 of those days. I am going to track using 21 points a day, and using weight watchers online.

The house has been, and will remain cleared of junk food, I've been great at home, and at the boyfriends really, it's just the crap at work that's killing me, I have no willpower.

Also, I haven't been running, first I was sick, and now it's like in the subzeros outside with windchill, I can't run in that, even as tough as I've been running through about all conditions. A goal is to get back to running as soon as the weather permits.

Also, I've made a commitment to doing something kind of crazy come the first of the year. As I've always been about overall health, and nutrition, and making my body feel better, I've committed to doing a "Master Cleanse" come January 2nd. Has anyone else tried this? I hear it's not an easy thing to do, but it intrigues me, and from the hundreds of reviews I've read, you feel great, and gain a new relationship with food (learn to appreciate it more). Now generally, they say anywhere from 10 to 40 days on it safe, I'm shooting for between 5 and 10 days for my first shot. Does anyone have any experience with this, tried a cleanse? Known anyone who has?

Alright, well there is my game plan for the next couple weeks. I'm going to try to stick to primarily core foods, and try to track as many day as humanly possible for the next 10 days, and then I will be moving onto hopefully 10 days of a detox and then onto some more weight watchers and tracking!

So there be it! I will be posting everyday, the good, the bad, the ugly!

3 comments:

Chellie has Issues said...

Once again you are I are very similar. My will power has been nill power lately. I too am dropping my points down...for me to 20 until I'm down these 9 lbs. Glad to hear about you again! I am afraid to cleanse. I'd be worried I wouldn't have enough energy for my health.

Erica Young said...

It's nice to hear from you. I stopped Weight Watchers during the holidays and plan to start back up after the new year. I haven't been doing that well either and gained 10lbs of it back but I plan to lose that plus more. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and don't worry about the running, its way to cold outside.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hey girl! Just came across your blog looking for some good inspiritaion as I begin my weight loss journey. My friend and her mom do Master's Cleanse. She loves it!! I'll link you to her blog if you want to ask her about it. She is planning on doing it regularly now she likes it so much. The one thing I remember her telling me baout it is that you must be near a bathroom! So I wouldn't plan to start it anytime where you won't be able to go to the bathroom...often. I guess it really just comes right outa ya. Gross, but I guess it's part of the cleansing. :) Good luck!

Ashley's Blog http://ashleyjsidun.blogspot.com/