Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's all a mindset

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right."
Henry Ford

Well I promised I would be back today, and I am! But unfortunately I don't have good news to report.

I tried my old, don't eat til I get home strategy and I failed miserably. When I first started Weight Watchers in 2007 I had TERRIBLE eating habits, I wouldn't eat all day and then I would come home from work and eat junk, and too much of it. So when I started Weight Watchers, it was typical for my body to not want to eat til I got home from work, so it worked for me.

However, this time is different, When I developed good eating habits, I started to eat breakfast and feed my body throughout the day. So When I tried to not eat anything throughout the day, my body rebelled and I got ravenously hungry. Unfortunately I didn't plan for that, and had nothing to eat at work (how freaking stupid looking back now), and I ate all the wrong stuff. I had candy, some pop tarts, other odds and ends that just weren't good. And it was my fault and my fault alone, I should have been prepared.

Well I decided when I got home that I would get back on track and eat a sensible dinner, and that is what I did. I'm forewarning you, I do eat lots of weird combinations of food. I eat them more as courses, not together, so don't think I am eating my corn with my eggs and toast.

So tonight I came home, i had two ears of sweet corn (fresh picked that I got on my way home), I had two eggs with two slices of toast and then as a snack afterwards I finished some Pirates Booty I had left (which I would think to be about 1 serving). So I had a very yummy, and filling dinner. And that will be it for the evening.

We will just call it an early start to a good day tomorrow :)

I've also decided for whatever reason I cannot, as hard as I try wrap my head around the new WW's plan. I've tried, and tried, and for some reason I can't do it. I'm not good with change, and I loved the old plan, so you know what? I'm going to use the old plan. I found a WW Diary application for my droid, and I can keep track using the old points program on that, and that's what I plan to do.

My Weigh In this last week (on Sunday) I was 167.6, and I do believe that was a little high due to a TOM gain. This week I will not weigh, so my next weigh in will be on August 21st, which is 11 days away.

My goal between now and then is pretty simple. Stay on Plan. Thats it.

Anyways, I will write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

I joined WW online when the new points program came out. It SO did not work for me - I just couldn't get it to work. I actually just cancelled it last week and am going to use Sparkpeople going forward which has a nice mobile app for me to use with my blackberry.